Thursday, May 26, 2011

Silas Graduates Preschool

Silas my middle son, was a big boy from the time he could walk. He had the most challenges and developed a drive of determination to meet challenges head on from day one. He always preferred to just do it himself. I always cherish the moments he lets me snuggle him and hold him close, because out of all three boys the chances are rare and far between. If I can catch him, or pull him out a tree long enough to give him a smooch he quickly wipes it off. There is something special about a middle child. Not quite the big kid and not quite the baby, a special place in a mom's heart for her middle child. He goes on a scooter ride and comes back with sticks tucked in his pocket and leaves clutched in his little hands. His eyes are always in the sky at the flying birds, or nose to the ground saving some wondering ant. He has already informed me I am only allowed to walk him to Kindergarten the first day, after that I just gotta let him do it on his own. Needless to say, I was a teary mess tonight. I felt his little hand slip from my grasp and see him setting off in amazing ways, that only a mom knows her child is capable of. I know you are thinking, "Sonshine, come on it's preschool graduation!" To me, and to Silas its much more. Time moves too quickly and steals moments like these at a frightening pace. Cowboy up son, this world is yours for the taking.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful way with words! Silas is one special little boy and we love him forever. Congrats big boy ~ can't wait to see in Kinder!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete